Wedding planning can be stressful, with so many coordinator recommendations on the internet and from friends, it’s hard to know what questions to ask to make sure you get the right fit for your big day.
However, we sat down with one of our preferred coordinators & event designers and asked her some questions about her businesses.
Coal n Gold
Owner and crafting aficionado, Mallory Gemlo, has been immersed in tailored event design for over four years and it shines through all her creations. Not only has she experimented with macrame crafts, intricate art pieces, and cake decorating, but she also provides amazing wedding coordination packages! Mallory loves to be hands-on with all her clients and projects to curate the day they have always dreamed of.
1. Can you explain your different coordination packages? – Coal n Gold has three different packages with add-on options from our A la Carte menu including rentals. If you are starting from scratch and aren’t sure where to begin, or if you just need the finishing touches, we have customizable options to fit any need. Browse our various packages to see which one best fits your needs.
2. What wedding at Warren Station has been your favorite so far? – Oh, it was definitely the Jurkovich wedding. Katherine and Evan had an amazing reception and one of the best dance parties I have seen. I helped with the floral assembly including boutonnieres and bouquets as well as the indoor décor. Overall, they were a great couple and I got to be completely hands-on throughout the entire process – the wedding day was gorgeous.
3. What got you into your business of coordination and event design? – I started as a cake decorator in college, and I worked with the wedding coordinators throughout the process. Furthermore, I always thought it seemed like a fun job to put together events and I wanted to learn more about the logistics. I received my event planning certificate and from there have been leaning more toward event décor and day-of coordination.
4. What do you think sets you apart from other wedding coordinators? – What really sets me apart is how customizable our packages and a La Carte options can be. If you are looking for the entire run of the show or just need final details, we will work with you to fit your personal needs. Therefore, I am also very hands-on so instead of hiring out for floral/signage, it can all be done in one place. Additionally, we have budget-friendly weddings in mind, and I am extremely savvy when it comes to repurposing pieces or finding alternatives to fit your event vision.
5. Could you provide a little backstory on yourself? – Originally from Minnesota – I have been in Summit County for just under 10 years. I came here after college to be a ski bum for a season or two and I couldn’t get myself to leave. In addition, I am an outdoor enthusiast and enjoy skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking, and everything in between. Since I am an artist, and a crafter and Coal n Gold has given me the opportunity to try new mediums and get creative which has been very fulfilling.
6. Do you have any pets? – Yes! I have two dogs Neve and Ote (Coy-ote). Ote is my stay-at-home mutt, and she was a street dog in Texas before we rescued her at about 2-3 years old. Neve is a two-year-old golden retriever who serves as an avalanche dog at Copper Mountain and is state verified through CRAD (Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment) They are both amazing hiking, biking, and ski dogs who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do.
7. What’s your favorite restaurant in Summit County? – My favorite restaurant in Summit is my kitchen. My boyfriend makes some of the best tacos and elote in town!
Whether you need a day-of coordinator or a full-service wedding coordinator, Mallory has you covered. Take a peek at her Instagram page to spark your creativity! It’s sure to get you motivated to start those Pinterest board wedding projects! If you’re interested in learning more, check out our full list of preferred vendors we love to work with!