Wedding planning can be stressful, with so many recommendations on the internet and from friends, it’s hard to know what questions to ask vendors to make sure you get the right fit for your big day. However, we sat down with two of our preferred vendors and asked them some questions about their businesses, as well as what makes them different from other vendors in this competitive wedding industry.
A Perfect Bite is an independent family-owned business located in Lakewood, CO. They believe that quality ingredients and experienced chefs create a culinary experience that guests will never forget. Additionally, with over 17 years of experience in the catering and restaurant industry, their passion spills into the food, menus, atmosphere, and services they provide.
1. What range of food/s do you offer with your catering services? Do you have Vegan, GF options? – Firstly, we have every cuisine you can think of! Our Chef Fabian originally from Buenos Aires has lived in many major cities (NYC, Miami, etc.) and has collected knowledge about many cuisines along the way! Secondly, special menus have been created to accommodate Vegan/GF options, added custom and in-depth action stations, we can even roast a hog! In short, we love a challenge. Any opportunity to “spice up” the norm and cook outside the box is what we love about this industry!
2. What comes with your full-service package? – Above all, we try our hardest to be a one-stop-shop! Inclusions consist of staffing from setting up/break down, bartenders, etc. We can provide all of the needed rentals (tables, chairs, linens, glassware, flatware, china, etc.), and of course all food and bar needs!! Moreover, we have a thorough vendor list, therefore, if you’re looking for a service that we typically do not provide, we can lead you in the right direction!
3. Do you have any other packages or tiers you offer? – Our company also has a wonderful team of event coordinators that will be there from start to finish. Similarly, our team will assist in creating a unique menu, and the perfect design meeting that will cover the timeline, colors/decor, vendors, and more! Moreover, they will be by your side during the day, to make sure everything runs smoothly. In addition, different packages are available based on your needs!
4. Do you offer free menu tastings? – Absolutely! It’s the best part of the planning process! Come on in and enjoy our food. Above all, you have the opportunity to select any 10 items (with options to add) to sample before you decide on your menu. It’s a necessary step to creating your perfect menu. Therefore, we offer adjustments to our items; from swapping out sauce options to adding more spice, we aim to please each client and have them leave with happy bellies.
5. Can couples create a custom menu? – Yes! We are a “yes” company, you dream it, we will create it! Because of this, we not only own a catering company, but also a handful of restaurants so we are always growing our menu.
6. What do you like most about catering in the mountains? – Spreading joy through our cuisine is always rewarding, and we love bringing our family to you! Doing that behind a beautiful backdrop makes it even more special. Our staff loves a new view while networking with new people and venues!
7. What sets your company apart from others, or makes you unique? – Our company has been started and run by everyday people like you and me. The owners are people whom our clients can relate to and connect to. There is value in family, simple life pleasures, and work/life balance. They recognize the simple things that bring joy to life. Whether it be a smiley-faced product or a family dancing together for the first time in 3 years! We are in this industry because we love to celebrate and bring people together. Every event is different, therefore, we treat every client as their own individual. Lastly, the goal at the end of the day is to do everything in our power to make someone’s day as special as possible!
8. What are some of your most popular dishes? – Don’t even get me started on our chef’s famous Empanadas! (Even listed that way in our menu) – Anything with a Latin-inspired twist is a huge hit! If you’re more of a comfort foodie, we can make you nostalgic with our adult mac n cheese & mini grilled cheese/soup passed appetizers.
9. Do you offer other desserts besides cake? – You bet! We offer assorted desserts for those who aren’t huge cake lovers. This would include a large variety of dessert bites like mini cheesecakes, chocolate-covered strawberries, dessert bars, churros, cookies, lemon bars, and many more!
10. How long have you been in business? – 14 Years for A Perfect Bite Catering!
Owner and crafting aficionado, Mallory Gemlo, has been immersed in tailored event design for over four years and it shines through all her creations. Not only has she experimented with macrame crafts, intricate art pieces, and cake decorating, but she also provides amazing wedding coordination packages! Mallory loves to be hands-on with all her clients and projects to curate the day they have always dreamed of.
1. Can you explain your different coordination packages? – Coal n Gold has three different packages with add-on options from our A la Carte menu including rentals. If you are starting from scratch and aren’t sure where to begin, or if you just need the finishing touches, we have customizable options to fit any need. Browse our various packages to see which one best fits your needs.
2. What wedding at Warren Station has been your favorite so far? – Oh, it was definitely the Jurkovich wedding. Katherine and Evan had a beautiful summer ceremony at Quaking Aspen Amphitheater with an amazing reception, and one of the best dance parties I have seen. I helped with the floral assembly including boutonnieres and bouquets as well as the indoor décor. Overall, they were a great couple and I got to be completely hands-on throughout the entire process – the wedding day was gorgeous.
3. What got you into your business of coordination and event design? – I started as a cake decorator in college, and I worked with the wedding coordinators throughout the process. Furthermore, I always thought it seemed like a fun job to put together events and I wanted to learn more about the logistics. I received my event planning certificate and from there have been leaning more towards event décor and day-of coordination.
4. What do you think sets you apart from other wedding coordinators? – What really sets me apart is how customizable our packages and a La Carte options can be. If you are looking for the entire run of the show or just need final details, we will work with you to fit your personal needs. Therefore, I am also very hands-on so instead of hiring out for floral/signage, it can all be done in one place. Additionally, we have budget-friendly weddings in mind, and I am extremely savvy when it comes to repurposing pieces or finding alternatives to fit your event vision.
5. Could you provide a little back story on yourself? – Originally from Minnesota – I have been in Summit County for just under 10 years. I came here after college to be a ski bum for a season or two and I couldn’t get myself to leave. In addition, I am an outdoor enthusiast and enjoy skiing/snowboarding, mountain biking, and everything in between. Since I am an artist, and a crafter and Coal n Gold has given me the opportunity to try new mediums and get creative which has been very fulfilling.
6. Do you have any pets? – Yes! I have two dogs Neve and Ote (Coy-ote). Ote is my stay-at-home mutt, and she was a street dog in Texas before we rescued her at about 2-3 years old. Neve is a two-year-old golden retriever who serves as an avalanche dog at Copper Mountain and is state verified through CRAD (Colorado Rapid Avalanche Deployment) They are both amazing hiking, biking, and ski dogs who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do.
7. What’s your favorite restaurant in Summit County? – My favorite restaurant in Summit is my kitchen. My boyfriend makes some of the best tacos and elote in town!
Whether you need a day-of coordinator or a full-service wedding coordinator, Mallory has you covered. Take a peek at her Instagram page to spark your creativity! It’s sure to get you motivated to start those Pinterest board wedding projects! If you’re interested in learning more, check out our full list of preferred vendors we love to work with!